TiTAN AI / Robot
- When natural disasters occur, TiTAN will prepare you in advance through big data analysis.
- It is expected that robots will be able to rescue people from disasters and accidents by facilitating communication and mutual cooperation between robots.
- It is anticipated that with AI technology, diseases can be diagnosed and treatment can be determined based on symptoms hence preventing further spread.
Trend of robot technology development
1) Humanoid Robot Technology Development TrendIn order to prepare for this, we are focusing on humanoid robot technology development. In addition, humanoid robots can support the elderly and chronically ill patients, and it is expected that demand will increase greatly in the future.
2) Social robot technology development trend and vulnerabilitySocial Robot, an artificially intelligent robot that has been developed to accurately manipulate human behaviors and share emotional feelings with human beings using Big Data Analysis Technology, is trending.
However, the social robot has the disadvantage of imprecise processing as it relies on a sensing algorithm that processes information and values by mapping various human emotional expression values (initial input values).
3) Analysis of Domestic robot industry trend① Characteristics of domestic robot industry
- Classified as home, educational robots
- Focus on the public education robot market as a short-term growth field
- World-class ICT infrastructure technology
② Domestic robot industry analysis
The following table shows the results of the 'Situation and Prospects for the Home and Education Robot Market' conducted by the Small and Medium Business Administration in 2013.
|Global market (million)||16,036||22,800||28,356||38,530||47,971||32|
|the home market(million)||2,355||3,830||5,214||8,089||11,011||47|
③ Strategy for domestic robot industry development
- In Korea, infrastructure and hardware technology related to robot industry has developed to a considerable level but additional technological progress and innovation are required in the robot software content market.
In the future, household robots will be able to automatically identify each family member and receive feedback through natural language-based dialogue, which is expected to be the most important user interface in smart homes. It will also serve as the "command center" of the smart home. In other words, it will be possible to control not only the user's commands but also all electronic devices in the home such as household appliances, electric lamps, air conditioners and security devices by learning the life pattern of the user. It is also expected that robots will be able to manage and play downloaded content such as music, movies, TV programs, and games. Based on TiTAN Play’s content service and TCI's content protection technology, TiTAN Platform is aiming to present a new AI robot model by aggregating all of the information around the user.
TiTAN AI Robot Business Planning
OverviewCurrently, the test and trial service environments for 5G mobile communication system is being built with collaboration support using realistic media (UHD broadcasting, 360 image, VR / AR, etc.). By implementing application services and reflecting the service requirements through early establishment of 5G development and service test environments, we aim to secure domestic 5G technology competitiveness.
② CContributing to the activation of 5G service through the implementation of a multi-user collaboration environment and TiTAN digital signage service by providing a large capacity of content consumption environment through various devices such as Smart Wall and 3D display
③ Establishing an ecosystem for a 5G mobile communication service by linking with other industries through expanding to various services by linking with IoT and discovering new services
④ Improving UX by developing a prototype of the social robot applying AI technology based on speech recognition and link with various services
2) Desktop AI Social Robot DevelopmentOn the device side, voice recognition assistants such as Amazon's Echo, Google's Google Home, Apple's Siri, and Samsung's Bixbee are the main voice recognition-based speakers and smartphones.
According to a study by Edison Research, 7% of US households are using smart speakers, and by 2020, 75% of homes will own voice recognition-based smart speakers such as Amazon Echo and Google Home.
In addition, real users use AI secretaries for smartphones 10 times a month and smart speakers 86 times a month, which is much higher than smart speakers.
In the future, various form factor, robot technology, and curated emotion technology are expected to be developed into various types of devices in each field. Now is the time to develop and verify a new service based on the development of a desktop social robot that includes image recognition, display, motion, and emotion engine.
The social robot can provide information and multimedia contents based on the interactive interface and control various IoT devices. In the future, it will be developed as a device that provides convenient UX for users by converging with other industries.
TiTAN Platform utilizes voice and image recognition based social robots as a hub to control home IoT devices, providing differentiated UX and convenience to users, and enhancing the possibility of expanding to other industries through linking with existing service platforms.
TiTAN Robot Curated Emotional AITraditional AI services are focused on information delivery and human-friendly interfaces. The AI robot on TiTAN Platform is an AI platform that combines deep-running technology with a content service platform unique to TiTAN Platform to deliver complex content such as TiTAN Play and TiTAN Core. This allows you to communicate information in a way that you can see, hear, and read.
1) TiTAN AI Robot Technology Key Points
B. Content platform based AI sharing / providing information in conjunction with TiTAN Platform's content
C. Situation that prompts me before I give orders and induces conversation. AI-led.
D. AI Cloud control based on speech and image recognition
2) Key factors comparison
|SB Pepper||Kibo||Baidu Duos||TiTAN AI Robot T1|
|Voice emotion||X||X||X||O (4K support)|
|Context based emotion||X||X||X||O|
|AI Communication platform||X||X||X||O|
|Multi-country natural language support||X||X||X||O|
3) Key Functions
- Application of new form factors such as camera, LCD, motor, sensor
- 4 channel microphone application and speaker direction detection (SSL) function
- Face detection and hand posture, and motion tracking
- Per-user awareness service using face recognition
- Video phone and remote monitoring
- Image security service using motion detection and notification
- Emotional Engine
- Development of an IoT device interconnected service including light, heating and power outlets
4) Key Specification
- Motor and motion control within 5°
- Wakeup operation within 500ms and AI Interactive
- User face recognition with accuracy of 90% or higher